Custom Search

13 September 2010

Dangerous Washing Machine That Eat People !!!

Lamar, MO- A young southwest Missouri girl is safe and sound after being trapped inside a running washing machine.

It took two Lamar Police Department officers to rescue her from the locked machine.

Seven year old Chloe Crowe is lucky to be alive.

She and her seventeen year old sister just went to do laundry, but what unfolded will surely change both their lives.

"They had put money in the washer and they noticed it wasn't working, so they took all their clothes out," says sister Amanda Crowe.

But later chloe climbed inside that first washer.

"They thought it wasn't working so my little sister was thinking, 'well, it's not going to work, so I'm just going to play around and get in there' but it worked. And now she's hurt really bad."

The front loading washer locked and began filling with water as soon as the door was shut.

Police had to use an Asp knight stick to break the glass and get her out.

"It took 12 minutes, I think, to get her out and she's doing okay, but she's got hundreds of stitches and staples."

Chloe also has two swollen black eyes and lost a lot of blood.

"She doesn't look like my little sister, I know that."

But no brain or lung damage.

"She's talking and she's coherent, so she kinda knows what's going on, so as far as that, she's doing okay."

Her family is pulling together around her.

"I wanted to get sick. My dad just told me, he said, 'I need you to be strong for me because I don't know if I can right now.'"

Once coins are inserted and the door closes, front loading washers lock; there is no stop button that will unlock the latch.

When police arrived on the scene, they had to break the glass on the machine, which was still running.

Crowe was then airlifted to Freeman in Joplin where she is listed in good condition.

Source

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Dangerous Washing Machine That Eat People !!!"